Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pray4America (part 14) - We are Americans

Happy 4th of July! The American Flag in Fireworks/everystockphoto.com

As the 4th of July approaches, I reflect upon the sacrifices of our patriots made for ideals liberty and freedom that our nation was built upon ...

The Spirit of 1776

But I am concerned by the wrong direction our country is going and its decline.   I wonder if the gains made during the American Revolutionary War are being reversed and will bring us full circle - back under the heel of tyranny.

What difference does it make?

Over 200 years ago we overthrew the rule of a king.  Now we are submitting to the rule a Nanny State as an ever more intrusive government continues to grow, dictating how we live our lives and curtailing our freedoms. Yet, the character of our leaders reflect us - we the people.

But I feel heartened by these words of Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, who spoke during troubling times such as today:



During this holiday, may we remember all those who have sacrificed for the freedoms that we take for granted.   And may we resolve they not be taken from us.  As Thomas Jefferson was alleged to say -

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." 


As mentioned in the video clip above, may we keep Pvt. Treptow's pledge he made during World War I -


''America must win this war.  
Therefore I will work, I will save, 
I will sacrifice, I will endure, 
I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, 
as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.'' 

{reference: THE PLEDGE OF PRIVATE TREPTOW - NYTimes.com}

And we are in a war - not against flesh and blood - but a battle for the soul of our nation.  

America is worth fighting for!

-----------

Please check out eCard.


Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord
 Psalm 33:12  (NIV)

Keep praying for America ....

-------------------
-------------------



-------------------
-------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment